Volunteer Application Package (Available ONLY at the office)
Updated: May, 2017
- Application Instruction / Processing Fee Form
- SVCPC Application Form
- VPD Criminal Record Check Form
Basic Qualifications including:
- Minimum age: 19 years old
- Required Minimum Volunteer Hours: 2 hours (1 shift) per week (8 HOURS PER MONTH).
- Reference: Applicant is to provide 2 references (work or school related).
- Passing VPD Criminal Record Check
- Submit Application Form to Office & Volunteer Coordinator.
- Submit VPD Criminal Record Check to VPD Headquarters (2120 Cambie St).
- Interview session(s) will be arranged once the criminal record check is completed.
- The result of the application will be informed.
- The volunteer processing fee ($25) will be collected at the time of the orientation. A volunteer t-shirt will also be issued to you at the time of the orientation. A new volunteer will receive a one-year membership at no further cost. All volunteers are asked to maintain good standings as members of the South Vancouver Community Crime Prevention Society.
- All volunteer applicants must agree to complete the criminal record check by the police. The criminal record check is to be conducted by the Vancouver Police Department regardless of your residency.
- Criminal record check is free of charge for VPD if accompanied by the waiver form provided by the office.
*The criminal record check result is the property of VPD and will not be released to you or to any other third party.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search could take extra time with fingerprinting. See the RCMP website for further information on this. www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/vulner/index-eng.htm
Dejla Sabanac, Office/Volunteer Coordinator
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 604-717-2940
Adam Catenacci, Office/Volunteer Coordinator
Email: email@example.com Tel: 604-717-2940
In person: 9am – 5pm on Tuesdays through Fridays, and 9am-3pm on Saturdays.